The popular SABC1 drama television series Uzalo’s production may be set to resume shooting very soon.
Many reports have surfaced that television shows are fast running out of new episodes to air as all production stopped when South Africa went into lockdown on the 26th March at 23:59.
The lockdown meant cast and crew weren’t able to work on new episodes other than what was filmed before lockdown.
President Cyril Ramaphosa has given the country and production houses a glimmer of hope when he announced that the country will be moved to level 4 lockdown on the 1st May.
Level 4 lockdown will see some currently imposed restrictions eased.
Earlier on this week we learned that Uzalo had been granted a permit to start shooting during lockdown and that they planned to commence shooting on Monday.
City Press said they tried to get comment from the SABC and Uzalo. However the SABC confirmed that Uzalo would not be shooting on Monday.
Now according to a Daily Sun article that claims “Uzalo publicist Nomfundo Zondi said they’d start shooting on Friday.”